FOUR DIFFERENCE COUNCILS
The Impact Council
will be responsible for recruiting the best researchers and academics for the funded research programmes. Crucially it will promote the outcome of research and analyses to positively change policies in industry and government and nutritional and lifestyle behaviour of populations. But most important of all, it will catalyse, provide the climate for and support and guide government, NGO's and industry in massively increasing their spending on effective Research. By that we mean research that adheres to the very highest standards of quantitative science as exemplified in DIFFERENCE's showcase research projects.
In addition, the Impact Council will manage Public Relations for the Foundation.
The Legal Council
will, inter alia, monitor the scientific research projects undertaken by the Foundation and will verify whether these projects meet customary legal requirements and whether materials published by the Foundation have a solid basis as the outcome of scientific research projects undertaken under the auspices of the Foundation.
The Financial Council
will ensure that all the activites of the Foundation comply with local national and international laws and regulations at all times.
DIFFERENCE will combine powerful new techniques in data science, biotechnology and clinical trials and include disciplines outside of health to harden and improve the predictive value of the science.
In so doing, DIFFERENCE will design the next generation practices of nutrition research and practically, will provide researchers with access to additional infrastructure including labs, academic consultants and cutting-edge techniques.
OUR GENERAL PROGRAM FOR 2019
• Fund raising with Family Offices, R&D Institutions and other relevant Associations that fit the funding profile for our Mission
• Create Awareness and Support for the Cause of the Foundation and Source relevant information to cure diseases and support those active in the field
• International Seminars, Round Tables with peers, Conferences planned with relevant stakeholders
• Partner with existing initiatives to realise practical solutions for those that need it
Fifteen year plan to reduce the following metrics globally by 30% or more
- Incidence of obesity & diabetes: obesity affects 13% and diabetes is approximately 13% of the world population
- Focus on gestational diabetes for mother and child
- Time off work
- Cost of Health & Life Policies
- Reduce health service costs
- For Obesity & Diabetes: currently 1.2 bn. of Dutch health care expenses and 2 bn. loss of labour productivity
- Universalreduction of non-communicable diseases relating to nutrition
- Redirect governmental funding to research that meets the standards of rigour as elucidated by the DIFFERENCE Scientific Council
DIFFERENCE will publish their KPI's to quantify the reversal in the incidence of metabolic disturbance and the financial plight that it drives. Remuneration: The Trustees will be remunerated only for costs incurred. Staff members will be paid according to standards established for similar charities and based on their relevant experience and effectiveness.